Have you ever heard of a ductless mini split HVAC system? Don’t worry if you haven’t, as it’s definitely a lesser known system. Nevertheless, it’s an efficient, convenient, and safe system that has many applications and benefits. Read on for Romaniuk’s guide to ductless mini split heating and cooling systems and learn if it’s right for you!
What is it?
A ductless mini split system, like standard heat pumps, have an outdoor and indoor unit. The two units are linked through a conduit, which houses the power and communication cables, copper tubing and a condensation drain line.
A ductless mini split requires (you guessed it) no ducts, making it ideal for adding on to a home that utilizes a non-ducted heating system such as hot water heat, radiant panels, or space heaters. They can also be a good choice when extending or installing more ductwork may not be feasible.
Why Choose Ductless For Your Home
- Easy to install. Installation is quick and painless with ductless mini splits. Conduits can vary in length, allowing for flexibility in where you place your unit(s).
- Small size. Ductless units offer a compact, sleek design that can be mounted on a ceiling or a wall.
- Able to heat and cool multiple rooms or areas. You can have multiple indoor units connected to one outdoor unit, which makes ductless mini splits a great option for condo buildings!
- No energy lost through ductwork. Energy losses due to poorly insulated or old ducts can account for up to 30% of energy consumption. Eliminate this loss by going ductless.
- Keep your home safe. Ductless units only require there to be a small, three inch hole in the wall as opposed to having to keep windows open for portable air conditioners.
- Energy efficient. Don’t waste money and energy heating and cooling your entire home at all times. Having separate units in each room allows you to heat and cool as you need. It also allows for people to have more personalized temperature control of their space.
Want More Information?
If you’re interested in learning more about ductless mini-split heating and cooling systems, contact the team at Romaniuk Heating & Air Conditioning today!